The UK’s largest social petwork has combined forces with the largest dog friendly database – DogFriendly and the largest microchipping database – Petlog to create the most powerful and universally useful application for you and your dog.
In collaboration with Bauwow, DogFriendly have teamed up to give you the FULL range of great directory services as well as a load of fun, social tools to really get you and your pooch out and about.
Our Petlog partnership builds on our own powerful Lost & Found features that are available to every Bauwow registered pet and provides access to the Petlog Lost Pet Alert service and should your pet have a Petlog registered microchip, you can login, view your pet’s details and send notifications to pet services should your pet go missing.
Bauwow is completely dog-centric and everything is tailored to providing the best experience for your pooch. To use the social and dog specific functions & features of the Bauwow app, you will need to register your account and set up a profile for your pet in the Bauwow app. It is easy and gives you free access to the whole of Bauwow.
You can build a profile for your pet, post pictures and comments, you can meet other dogs and make friends, organise dog walks and even bark at dogs around the world. Using the Bauwow Daily Bark section you can post pictures, comment and make friends.
The Bauwow application is built by dog lovers and is a must have for all responsible dog owners.
- Search for more than 35,000 dog friendly places using simple, easy to use maps
- Clear and concise information to make informed decisions on where to go with your dog
- A comprehensive Lost & Found section with loads of tools and services to help you should your pet go missing.
- Social Networking features that allow you to meet other dogs, become friends, organise dog walks, post and comment pictures and even bark at other dogs around the world.
- Loads of additional features are continuously being developed to give you the best range of services, products, businesses and fun for you and your dog.
MY TRAVELS - Dogfriendly places across the UK
Using the “My Travels” section of the Bauwow app you can search by postcode, town or county, you can find information on more than 35,000 dog friendly venues and services, including:
- hotels, bed and breakfast and self-catering venues
- camping and caravan sites
- days out
- dog friendly shops – where you can shop for yourself with your pooch
You can search around your current location or by city or postcode. You can also scroll around the map to see listings wherever you want. Click on the dots to enter the business profiles to see loads more information and contact them direct. You can use this feature without setting up a profile for your dog or registering your details in the app.
The dog friendly locations and services are verified throughout the year and new locations are added to the application every week!
MY NEEDS - Services and Businesses for your dog
Using the “My Needs” section of the Bauwow app you can search by postcode, town or county, you can find information on:
- Pet Stores
- Kennels & Daycare
- Associations and Foundations
- Shelters & Rescues
- Schools & Training Centres
- Dog Walkers & Sitters
- Trainers & Behaviourists
- Pet Therapists
- Dog Parks and Walks
You can search around your current location or by city or postcode. You can also scroll around the map to see listings wherever you want. Click on the dots to enter the business profiles to see loads more information, directions and contact details.
You can use this feature without setting up a profile for your dog or registering your details in the app.
Lost & Found features and the Petlog Lost Pet Alert
Should your pet go missing Bauwow has a huge range of tools and functionalities to help you in the reunification process:
- Create a lost filefor your pet in case they go missing
- Send an S.O.S. messageto the Bauwow communityand to the members of your pack
- Create a Lost Posterto share on all your social media channelsor by email, sms etc.
- Check which pets were lost
- Check which pets have been found
- Access the “tip & advice“page
And if your pet is registered with the Petlog microchipping database, you can access Petlog services and dependant on your Petlog account even keep your details up to date:
- Send a 30-mile radius lost notification
- Recall a lost notification
- Share the lost location
- Find local dog wardens
- Find local vets and rescues
- View and update your details (only Petlog Premium members)